Over the past 22 years, Trinity Cheltenham has been involved in a number of building projects and initiatives. Some of the Building projects include:
- Built a small church centre on a piece of land behind the church
- Reordered the main church building to replace pews and choir stalls with moveable chairs
- Bought a three story office building to replace the small church centre
- Extended and modified this office block
- Explored the possibility of buying the Odeon cinema in Cheltenham and converting it to a 2000 seater church plus space for kids and other ministries
- Explored the possibility of taking on a lease for around 20,000sq feet of retail spac, again to provide a 2000 seater church plus space for kids and other ministries
- Looked at out of town sites with a view to a new build
- Developed a long term plan to redevelop the whole of Trinity Cheltenham’s site
- Moved all of Trinity’s staff to leased office accommodation, 5 minutes walk from the church
- Reordered the balcony of the church to create 350 theatre type seats
- Reordered the downstairs of church again to create more space and greater flexibility
- Acquired a 250 year lease for a restaurant next door to Trinity’s office space and convert it for church and ministry use
- Obtained planning permission for a new toilet block along side the main church building.
Initially David was just involved with the financing of these projects but very quickly he became the main driver of them. He has extensive experience of developing strategies, obtaining permission, financing the project and delivering the work.